The Mechanics of Advanced Materials research group works in a wide range of research areas from the experimental as well as the numerical and analytical perspectives. Its main research interest are the following:
- Analysis and modelling of laminate and sandwich structures subjected to high and low velocity impact.
- Analysis and modelling of crashworthiness of composite structures.
- Damage tolerance analysis of composite structural elements subjected to different load conditions.
- Innovation and development of non-conventional testing methodologies for structural elements subjected to impact loads, with special emphasis on damage tolerance evaluation.
- Experimental analysis and numerical modelling of the mechanical behaviour of composite structures under dynamic conditions.