- Papers must be submitted no later than June 20, 2009 and electronic submission in PDF is required.
- Each paper should follow the IEEE paper format with title, authors' names, affiliations and email addresses, an up to 150-words abstract, and a two-column body with 4~6 single-spaced pages and with font size at 10 pts.
- Papers will be evaluated for originality, significance, clarity, and soundness, and will be reviewed by at least three independent reviewers from the program committee.
- Accepted papers will be included in the IEEE Xplore digital library (IEL, http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/). Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their contribution for possible inclusion in special issues (visit http://cig.iet.unipi.it/isda09/ ).
- It is assumed that all accepted manuscripts would be presented at the conference. All accepted papers must be accompanied by a full paid registration to appear in the proceedings. All full papers are to be submitted in PDF electronically via the conference web site.
The scope of this workshop includes, but is not limited, to:
- Successful applications of hybrid metaheuristics in real-world domains.
- New application domains for hybrid metaheuristics.
- Hybrid metaheuristics in machine learning and data mining.
- New hybrid metaheuristics.
- Hybridization of metaheuristics and exact methods.
- Empirical comparisons.
- Comparisons of metaheuristics and standard methods on real domains.
- Theoretical analysis.
- Parallel hybrid metaheuristics on real problems.
- Software tools and libraries for building hybrid metaheuristics.
- Multiobjective hybrid metaheuristics on real problems or large domains
- Mauro Birattari, Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium)
- Francisco Chicano, Universidad de Málaga (Spain)
- Marco Dorigo, Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium)
- Andreas Fink, Helmut-Schmidt-University (Germany)
- Luca Di Gaspero, Università degli Studi di Udine (Italy)
- Pascal Van Hentenryck, Brown University, Providence (USA)
- Frank Köster, Universität Oldenburg (Germany)
- Arne Løkketangen, Molde College (Norway)
- Daniel Merkle, Syddansk Universitet (Denmark)
- Bernd Meyer, Monash University (Australia)
- Martin Middendorf, Universität Leipzig (Germany)
- Yehuda Naveh, IBM (Israel)
- David Pelta, Universidad de Granada (Spain)
- Steven Prestwich, 4C, Cork (Ireland)
- David Quintana, Universidad Carlos IIII de Madrid (Spain)
- Cesar Rego, University of Mississippi (USA)
- Mauricio G. C. Resende, AT&T Labs Research (USA)
- Andrea Roli, University of Bologna (Italy)
- Marc Sevaux, University of South-Brittany (France)
- Thomas Stützle, Université Libre de Bruxelles (Belgium)
- Éric Taillard, University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland (Switzerland)
- Farouk Yalaoui, Université de Technologie de Troyes (France)