Julio Cerviño, Co-director of Master in International Business (MADI-UC3M))
Associate Professor of International Marketing and head of the research group, MarketinGroup, UC3M. PhD in International Business and Brand, Universidad Autónoma, Madrid. International MBA, Washington University (USA).
Enrique Luque Albarracín, CEO of Opteamism Consulting. Formerly, franchise manager for Hamburguesa Nostra/Vaca Nostra; Tormo &sociados, Ernst & Young Real Estates. Lecturer professor for international franchising.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Recognize the forces underlying the development of international business, and the unique challenges that exist when entering the global marketplace, and how to understand and overcome them.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the major differences between national and international marketing planning and understand and comprehend the procedures and techniques for import export trade.
• Appreciate the role of international market research in decision making.
• Identify the major methods of market selection and foreign market entry.
• Recognize those factors which distinguish the marketing mix for overseas markets as opposed to domestic markets.
• Understand the implications of international market extension with regard to organizational and structural change.
• Acquire a set of analytical tools and techniques for understanding global markets and a strategic framework for developing international marketing programs and tactics.
1. Introduction to Global Marketing and global business. International Marketing Plan Structure.
2. The International Marketing Environment. Macroeconomics, Global Trade and Investment, Demography and Culture environment, Legal and Political issues: Country risk analysis; and Competitive analysis.
3. International Market Research and Marketing Intelligence in international markets.
4. International Market Selection and Foreign Market Entry Mode Choices (from exporting to production facilities).
5. International Marketing Mix: Growth strategies and international brand and product development
6. International pricing and retail decisions.
7. International Communications: Policies, Instruments and Strategies
8. Review and structure of the International Marketing Plan