The Department of Social Sciences at Universidad Carlos III Madrid invites applications forResearch Fellowships in the field of Macroeconomic Financial under MACROHIST (MACROeconomics & Economic HISTory), a Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN), funded under the EU’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7-PEOPLE-ITN-2013-608129) and running for 4 years (until August 2017).
MACROHIST is a research and training network coordinated by The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies Geneva with nodes at Universidad Carlos III Madrid,CEPR, The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies Geneva, Oxford University, London School of Economics, Sciences-Po Paris, Humboldt University Berlin and Université Libre de Bruxelles. The network aims to provide a new generation of European doctoral students with advanced expertise in both macroeconomics and economic history, combining coursework and training at academic nodes with internships/secondments at private and public sector research institutions.
Positions currently available at Universidad Carlos III Madrid
The appointed researcher will carry out research under the following research project:
-Unemployment hysteresis in economic downturns: lessons from history
Expected starting date: 1 September 2014
Duration of contract: 12 months
- to hold (or to be near completion of) a PhD in Economics or Economic History
- excellent background in Macroeconomics; specialization in Labor Economics will be an advantage
- advanced skills in empirical analysis (statistics & econometrics; command of STATA, Eviews or similar)
- fluent English (written and spoken); additional language skills would be an advantage.
Post-Doctoral Researchers (Experienced Researchers)
• Must either be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least 4 years of full-time equivalent research experience;
• The research experience may not exceed 5 years at the time of recruitment;
• The basic gross living allowance for the Experienced Researcher Fellowships is up to 58,500 €/year (gross) + mobility allowance
Candidates must NOT be nationals of the country where they seek employment, or have legally resided or have had their main activity in that country for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the starting date.
Applications should be sent to Prof. Jordi Domenech (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please mention MACROHIST in the subject line.
Applications should include:
o CV and Cover letter of interested candidates (including details of 3 referees)
o Completed Eligibility Questionnaire, available at: http://www.cepr.org/research/Projects/MACROHIST_Eligibility_questionnaire1.doc
For further information on the Marie Curie Actions please check the following website: http://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/careers_en.htm
For further information on economic history at the Department of Social Sciences at Universidad Carlos III Madrid please check the following website: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_ciencias_sociales
For further information on these positions, please contact Prof. Stefano Battilossi, Carlos III Node Coordinator, email@example.com