- Professor of Management
- Ph. D. in Economics-Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Facultad de Ciencias Sociales y Jurídicas
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
- Office: 6.0.07
- Phone: +34 91 6245826
- Fax: + 34 91 6245707
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Strategic management
- International business
- Entrepreneurship strategy
CURRENT RESEARCH AREAS
- Technological colaboration
- Family business
- “The impact of R&D sources on new product development: Sources of funds and the diversity versus control of knowledge debate”. Long Range Planning. (Forthcoming), (with A. Cuervo-Cazurra and A. Rodríguez).
- "International collaboration and innovation in professional and technological knowledge-intensive services".Industry and Innovation, (2018), 25(4), 408-431, (whit A. Rodríguez and L. Santamaría).
- "The asymmetric effect of institutional distance on international location: Family versus nonfamily firms" Global Strategy Journal (2018), 8(1), 22-45, (with V. Hernández and A. Boellis).
- "Does Family Involvement in Management Reduce the Risk of Business Failure? The Moderating Role of Entrepreneurial Orientation", Family Business Review (2016), 29(4), 365-379 (with A.Revilla and A. Pérez-Luño).
- “Does R&D offshoring lead to SME growth? Different governance modes and the mediating role of innovation”, Strategic Management Journal, 2016,37(8), 1734-1753 (with A. Rodríguez).
- "Inward-outward connections and their impact on firm growth” , International Business Review , (2016) 25 (1), 296-306 (with V. Hernández).
- “The effect of the magnitude and direction of institutional distance on the choice of international entry modes”, Journal of World Business, (2015), 50(1), 122-132.(with V. Hernández).
- “Understanding the innovation behavior of family firms”, Journal of Small Business Management, (2015), 53(2), 382-399 (with L. Santamaría and Z. Fernández).
- “The internationalization of knowledge-intensive business services: the effect of collaboration and the mediating role of innovation”, The Service Industries Journal, (2012), 32(7), 1057-1075 (with A. Rodríguez).
- “Service innovation in manufacturing firms: evidence from Spain”, Technovation, (2012), 32(2), 144-155 (with L. Santamaría).
- “Offshoring of R&D: Looking abroad to improve innovation performance”, Journal of International Business Studies, (2011), 42(3), 345-361 (with A. Rodríguez).
- “Hidden innovators: The role of other innovation activities”, Technology Analysis and Strategic Management, (2011), 23(4), 415-432 (with L. Santamaría and A. Barge).
- “Technological collaboration: Bridging the innovation gap between small and large firms”, Journal of Small Business Management, (2010), 48(1), 46-71, (with L. Santamaría).
- “Beyond formal R&D: Taking advantage of other sources of innovation in Low and Medium Technology Industries”, Research Policy, (2009), 38, pp. 507-517 (with L. Santamaría and A. Barge).
- “The importance of diverse collaborative networks for the novelty of product innovation”, Technovation, (2007), 27, pp. 367-377 (with L. Santamaría).
- “The impact of ownership on the international involvement of SMEs”, Journal of International Business Studies, (2006), 37(3), pp. 340-351 (with Z. Fernández).
- “The Internet: Competitive strategy and boundaries of the firm”, International Journal of Technology Management, (2006), 35(1), pp. 182-195 (with Z. Fernández).
- “The role of information technology in corporate strategy of small and medium enterprises”, Journal of International Entrepreneurship, (2005), 3(4), pp. 251-262 (with Z. Fernández).
- “International strategy of Small and Medium-Sized Family Businesses: Some influential factors”, Family Business Review, (2005), 18(1), pp. 77-89 (with Z. Fernández).
- “Internationalization of family firms”, (2014), in P. Sharma, M. Nordqvist & L. Melin, (eds.), Handbook of Family Business, Sage Publications (with Z. Fernández)
- “The challenge of R&D offshoring: implications for firm productivity” (2013), en L. Bals, T. Pedersen and P.D.Ø. Jensen (eds.), The Offshoring Challenge: Strategic Design and Innovation for Tomorrow’s Organization, Springer (with A. Rodríguez)
- “The direct impact of the normative and cognitive distances and the moderating effect of regulations on the internationalization of SMEs” (2012), New Policy Challenges for European Multinationals, Emeral Group Publishing, (with V. Hernández)
- “Dirección estratégica de la empresa familiar”, (2011), Empresa Familiar: aspectos jurídicos y económicos, Editorial Deusto, (with Z.Fernández)
- “Cooperation and innovation in the internationalisation of knowledge-intensive business services” (2010), Progress in International Business Research, Emeral Group Publishing (with A. Rodríguez)
- “Estrategias y estructuras de la empresa familiar”, (2005), Manual de la empresa familiar, Editorial Deusto, (con Z.Fernández)
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION